On the evening of September 14, a press conference was held in Ruili city, Yunnan province, announcing the adoption of emergency measures to effectively stop the spread of the epidemic. Specific measures include:
- Nucleic acid testing will be carried out for all the residents in Ruili City at the government’s expense. Relevant information will be released in a timely manner after the plan is finalized.
- After 22:00 on September 14, people are not allowed to enter or leave the downtown area of Ruili City without special circumstances. The time is tentatively fixed for a week.
- Urban residents shall be isolated at home.
- Resolutely and severely crack down on stowaways. At present, the public security organs are investigating the criminal responsibility of Yang Zuomou and others according to law, and severely punishing those who organize, assist and shelter stowaways according to law.
- According to the Law of the People’s Republic of China on the Prevention and Treatment of Infectious Diseases, the residents of Ruili city shall cooperate in the nucleic acid testing.
- Those who leave Ruili after 0:00 on 12 September should take the initiative to report to the local community and have their nucleic acid tested.
(Source: People’s Daily Client)